Thursday 19 February 2009

16 Feb, 2009 - Sunday Service: Evolving towards Enlightenment

Sunday morning service: Evolving towards Enlightenment:


Of course, a reference to Darwinian theory. The minister spoke of different stages of faith, and despite quite clearly disagreeing with many things that this particular theorist had to say, this was an interesting point. We are in a late stage of development, but certainly not in the last, at least not in my mind. The more I have lost my faith or questioned it, or driven myself mad with seeking, the more beautiful it is now I have found it. Perhaps that was the secret all along.


Beautiful story for the children this morning, about a sunflower seed representing the universe. The “everything seed”, which expands to grow into a wonderful universe, beyond time as everything that was and will be was contained in this little seed. So moving, I almost cried.


____________________________________________


This evening, I couldn’t help but repeat the research I have previously done into the ministry and various MA’s that might get me there. I am particularly struck by “Modern Theology”. Am I wise, or for that matter, brave enough to do that? Or perhaps a second undergraduate. But do I honestly want to do another undergraduate degree? I am not sure.



Living in Spirit:


A first meeting, in a small group with Gerta and several others who I am familiar with by face rather than name. To be honest, I joined for the good food that was freely available, as frankly, I was rather delighted not to have catered residence food for a lunch! We spoke of mindfulness and “living in the moment”, and how we intend to live in the moment in this day. People slowly began to open up and speak of their desires to live in the moment more successfully. I will write a meditation on this one in the next few days. It struck my heart, and not necessarily for the right reasons. But free food - what can I say!




0 comments: