Thursday 19 February 2009

10 Feb, 2009 - Serenity

This evening, I spoke with a group from the congregation - an eye-opening experience, in which I tried to simply listen. I’m not very good at that yet, but i’m working on it. We were discussing the significance of our community and our congregation, and whether we saw ourselves as a religious community. I am not sure how to answer this. I personally feel that I am part of a spiritual community, but not necessarily a religious one. But I suppose it depends again on a definition, but for me, I am part of a community of wonderful spiritual people, who unite together to find something that only this community and space can offer.



But amongst this discussion, one person commented that her reasons are not so much for community, but rather serenity.



Serenity. Such a little word, such a small concept - the concept of peace, whether that is with people or without them, in a building or outside in the air. Such a tiny concept, that means so much.


Serenity.



May it be for us all.



0 comments: